Monday, September 27, 2010

These silly lecture things I'm mandated to attend every Tuesday morning for a brisk nap.

So there are these silly lecture things I am mandated to attend every Tuesday this semester, which really provide for a great nap. Actually, only one of them so far has really put me to sleep, but that's because my coffee emptied before I got there. The lecture I saw 2 weeks ago was by a man named Peter Hanley, or something along those lines. I didn't particularly like his lecture, though his work seemed interesting. I just didn't really understand the concept of a digital studio, because it's not something that I work with or know how to use. He also wasn't a very captivating speaker, so it was difficult to follow him, despite the fact that his presentation had a lot of valid information.

Last week's lecture was much more my style. It was by a woman named Candy (or something like that...) and I can't remember her last name. She really was in to history and she utilized that in her installation work. I thought it was really cool because it was all really unified by a certain and distinct style, while being completely unique in each different work. She had been able to study in cities all over the world (for free!!!) and I thought that was really interesting, and that it would be something I could do, realistically.


On the whole, I enjoy the lecture series. However, Tuesday is the day when I remember that I forgot to water my pet cactus on the previous Friday... O:)

No comments:

Post a Comment