Sunday, September 19, 2010

Adventures in Philadelphia! Cont'd

I've never really been a master at anything relating to technology. By that statement, I mean that I can hardly check my facebook without my computer crashing on me. So when my professor for a computer foundations class told me to have an adventure for homework, I thought it was the coolest assignment I've ever had. I took a trip into center city with one of my friends, with the intention of  finding a cactus in the Italian Market. The first thing I noticed upon walking into the Market was this Chinese restaurant, right in the middle of all the farmers' stands and plant stores. There were vegetables and fruits lining the streets, and stand after stand of fish markets, and even a chocolate store (which had absolutely amazing chocolates). The best part though, was a plant store, because I had it in my head that I was going to buy a cactus for my dorm. The store did in fact have a cactus, but I didn't think a $9 cactus was a good investment. So I continued my search. We wandered through the Italian market, and on to South Street, where my friend decided that she also wanted a cactus. We looked in every grocery store, plant store, supermarket, and shop we could find for a reasonably priced cactus. And then...(cue dramatic music) we found it. It was a small store, with plants of almost every kind. There definitely had to be a cactus somewhere in here. Then we found it. An entire wall of cacti. Little ones, giant ones, spikey ones, colorful ones. After a lot of debate, we finally walked away with 2 cacti each. They were so cute, and they could fit in the palm of your hand. However, I don't suggest trying to hold one. It's quite painful.

Oh, we also took a lot of cool artsy pictures and blogged and stuff. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment