Monday, October 11, 2010

Artist Lecture Number Something?

Last week's artist lecture was given by a man named Doug Bucci (I think...if I got his name wrong it's not because I was asleep...). He is a 3D artist and sculptor whose work is presently based off of the concept of being a diabetic. He has done a lot of work relating to aspects of being a diabetic, and in addition he has made a lot of jewelry during his career.
I really liked his work, even though it wasn't my typical style. I thought it was really detailed and aesthetically pleasing, and it looked really delicate, as if it could be easily broken. It had a definite technical skill required to create it, and that's something I really value in an artist's work. I also was impressed by his meaning behind his work; diabetes. It made it a lot more personal and tangible for anyone who looked at it.
I also liked his signature on all his pieces. It was pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment